segunda-feira, 15 de julho de 2013

agility foundation and seminars

 As I already said, agility is more than a hobby for me, it's a passion and a life style! but I'm not a really good handler, so my favorite part is the foundation... I guess it has something about my love for teaching new things, anyway, today I want to talk more about those two things: agility foundation and seminars!

 Foundation: there is nothing more important than foundation when it comes to agility, it's obvious that all of us want to go to the obstacles and see  our dogs doing it all, but why the hurry? if you think about it, teaching foundation helps with good performance in all the obstacles, makes the dog enjoy every bit of it and even makes our dog healthier, because if we didn't spend so much time in foundation we would be more tempted to put them sooner in official obstacles, what in some cases (like teeter, slalom, a-frame) is not good for dogs younger than 12 months, at least.

some things that I consider awesome to teach are:

jumps-  Silvia Trkman tight turns- cik/cap 
             Susan Salo- jumping skills

cik/cap and grids (until 3min)


slalom- it depends on your dog, with Koda I tried:
channel and 2x2 (Susan Garrett), both are awesome, but Koda did better when doing for 2x2 method, because he thinks to much... so you have to try it on and see what works for your dog!

channel (until 35 sec)


2x2


A-frame- for the health of the dogs I think no one should do stopped contacts on A-frame, so for me it would be running, there are a lot of methods, Silvia Trkman's running, box, strides...

dog walk- stopped contacts are more common on this obstacle, I use it with High but I'm thinking about other options too, well with High I'm retraining it with nothing but teaching him that he needs to run until the end and the criteria is to put two front paws on the ground, but there are a lot of methods: target (nose or paws), 4on, lure with food, and so on.
- now I'm trying running contacts with Koda, Silvia Trkman methods, and I'm in love!

stopped (from 1:19 to 2:19)



beginning of running


teeter- as all the contact obstacles, there are a lot of choices- 4on, target, lure with food... I'm trying Wendy Pape method and it's great so far.

of course those are just options!

 About seminars, there are few things better to make everyone enjoy the sport more and more, it's unbelievable how all the agility people are amazing! seminars are so much fun! we get to learn, meet awesome people and have a great time, also the memories last for life time long... so enjoy it <3

Lisa Frick and Tereza Králová seminar

Samy Wroblewski seminar

Polona Bonac seminar

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário